A few months ago I applied to speak at the first ever WordCamp Bristol – an official two-day WordPress conference, taking place at the Watershed in Bristol’s beautiful harbourside. I was delighted when I was told my application was successful, making the 200-attendee event my first in what I hope to be many.
My talk is entitled “Building a WordPress Plugin as a Side Business”, and will cover the following areas:
- Giving Back to WordPress
- Plugin Idea, Research, Roadmap
- Providing Excellent Support (and dealing with cross people)
- Creating a Website for the Plugin
- Revising Readme / Website Wording
- Releasing & Pricing Add-ons
- Transparency Reports
I’ll be speaking in Track 1 on Saturday at 9:45am.
The full schedule can be found on the official website here: https://2017.bristol.wordcamp.org/schedule/
I plan to write a follow-up post of the event afterwards.
Wish me luck!
Image credit: Kristoffer Trolle, Flickr