A Bit About Me
I’m Jack McConnell and I run Made with Fuel Ltd. – a one-man WordPress web design and development agency based out of my self-built garden office near Bath, England.
I started my business in 2011 but have been building websites since 2000. I class myself as a ‘Web Designer & Front-end Developer’ which means I do both design and development in equal measures and work on the entire process of making a website, end-to-end, from the moment you fill out a project questionnaire, to creating a mock-up of the site, to building it so that it’s ready for you to use.
I love web design, technology, transparency, exercise, and exploring new places. I live just outside of Bath with my wife and two children.
On the Side
Although I’m no longer directly involved, in 2014 I co-founded an award-winning open data group in Bath called Bath: Hacked.
How I Work
I believe in maintaining a good balance between my work and my life outside of work and being clear and upfront on how I go about this. This can be summed up by the following:
- I’m a very hard worker and I love my job and my clients.
- I work 5-days a week from Monday – Friday. Hours that I work can be found on my website, here.
- I schedule all phone calls in advance.
- I price my work fairly based on my experience and industry.
- I don’t check my email or listen to voicemails outside of my working hours or while I’m on lunch.
- I love my family and enjoy spending lots of time with them.
- I take at least 8-weeks of holiday a year, usually fitting around the UK School Holidays. Dates where I’m unavailable can be found on my website, here.
The photos below mostly show what I get up to when I’m with my family and friends.