I’m Jack McConnell and I run Made with Fuel Ltd. – a one-man, RAR-recommended, WordPress web design and development micro-agency based out of a stunning coworking space in the center of Bath, England.
I started my business in 2011 but have been building websites since 2000. My official role is ‘Web Designer & Front-end Developer’ which means I do both design and development in equal measures and work on the entire process of making a website, end-to-end. I’ve appeared on various WordPress podcasts and been a speaker at WordCamp Bristol 2017.
Although I’m no longer directly involved, in 2014, I co-founded an open data group in Bath called Bath: Hacked.
I love web design, technology, transparency, running, cycling, and exploring.
I live just outside of Bath with my wife and daughter.
When I’m not building websites (or working on my house), I can be found making short movies or actively developing my WordPress plugin, Better Notifications for WordPress.
How I Work
I believe in having a good work/life balance and about being clear and upfront on how I go about this. This can be summed up by the following:
- I’m a hard worker and love my job.
- I love my family and home, and enjoy spending lots of time with them.
- I work 7-hours a day.
- I work 5-days a week from Monday – Friday.
- I normally work from my home office Monday – Thursday and from the coworking space, mentioned above, on Fridays.
- I am available for phone/Skype calls at most times during my working hours.
- I am available for meetings in Bath, England on Fridays only.
- I don’t check my email or listen to voicemails outside of my working hours or while i’m on lunch.
- I take at least 8-weeks of holiday a year. Dates where i’m unavailable can be found on my website, here.
The photos below mostly show what I get up to when i’m not working.