A Bit About Me
I’m Jack McConnell and I run Made with Fuel Ltd. – a one-man, RAR-recommended, WordPress web design and development agency based out of a stunning coworking space in the center of Bath, England.
I started my business in 2011 but have been building websites since 2000. My official role is ‘Web Designer & Front-end Developer’ which means I do both design and development in equal measures and work on the entire process of making a website, end-to-end, from the moment you fill out a project questionnaire, to creating a mock-up of the site, to building it so that it’s ready for you to use.
On the Side
Although I’m no longer directly involved, in 2014 I co-founded an award-winning open data group in Bath called Bath: Hacked.
I love web design, technology, transparency, exercise, and exploring new places. I live just outside of Bath with my wife and two children.
How I Work
I believe in having a good balance between my work and my life outside of work and being clear and upfront on how I go about this. This can be summed up by the following:
- I’m a very hard worker and I love my job and my clients.
- I love my family and enjoy spending lots of time with them.
- I work 5-days a week from Monday – Friday.
- I normally work from my home office Monday to Thursday and from the coworking space, mentioned above, on Fridays. Hours that I work can be found on my website, here.
- I schedule all phone/Skype calls in advance and am available for meetings in Bath, England on Fridays only.
- I don’t check my email or listen to voicemails outside of my working hours or while I’m on lunch.
- I take at least 8-weeks of holiday a year. Dates where I’m unavailable can be found on my website, here.
The photos below mostly show what I get up to when I’m with my family and friends.